All prices/stock are subject to change so ensure that you contact us (+603-5621 5786) before ordering from us.
If stock is unavailable, the delivery/resupply terms is within 8 - 12 weeks.
The Novo-Gloss 60° gloss meter is suitable for measuring gloss in most applications from matt to high gloss finishes.
This high specification handheld instrument is suitable for use in many environments including laboratory and production areas and is the ideal choice for general gloss measurements of a variety of substrates and industry sectors including: paints and coatings.
- Ultra-fast measurement time
- Time and date stamped results
- Automatic tile detection for faster calibration
- Full on-board statistics
- Graphical trend analysis of results for simple reporting.
- Easy Batching – User definable batch size and names for more efficient measurement of multiple samples
- Software-free data transfer of measurements and batches
- Direct data input via Bluetooth – transmit each measured reading directly into Microsoft Excel or other programs
- Pass / Fail for easy identification of non-conformances
- Auto-ranging, suitable for measuring matt to mirror finishes
- Compliant to major international standards such as ASTM D523, ISO 2813, ASTM D2457
- Calibrate to any standard (from low gloss to mirror finish)
Specifications Technical specifications
- Resolution: 0.1GU
- Repeatability: 0.2GU
- Reproducibility: 0.5GU
- Measuring Range: 60°: 0 – 1000 GU
- Measurement spot: 60° – 6mm x 12mm
- Memory: 2000+ readings
- Power: Rechargeable lithium ion, 17+ hours operation
- Battery life: 10,000+ readings
- Recharge time: 4 hours (mains)
- ISO 2813 Paints and varnishes – Determination of specular gloss of non-metallic paint films at 20 degrees, 60 degrees and 85 degrees
- ASTM D523 Standard Test Method for Specular Gloss
- ASTM D2457 Standard Test Method for Specular Gloss of Plastic Films and Solid Plastics
- DIN 67530 Reflectometers a means for gloss assessment of plane surfaces of paint coatings and plastics
- JIS Z 8741 Specular glossiness – Method of measurement
- ISO 7668 Anodized aluminium and aluminium alloys — Measurement of specular reflectance and specular gloss at angles of 20 degrees, 45 degrees, 60 degrees or 85 degrees
The Novo-Gloss 60 is perfect for basic gloss measurement and is best suited for mid gloss surfaces (10-70GU @60°) 60° is referred to as the universal measurement angle and is the most commonly specified geometry in applications such as paints, coatings, plastics, automotive interiors and general manufacturing. It can be used as a basic gloss assessment for any surface from matt surfaces to mirror finish polished metals. Small light and portable, with onboard statistics and the ability to download reading to Novo-Soft, the 60 degree instrument is perfect for factory, outdoor or laboratory applications.
High Gloss Surfaces
A limitation of the 60 Degree geometry is that it is has almost no sensitivity to surface effects such as haze and visible textures such as orange peel. When present these effects will reduce the visual quality of high gloss surfaces but will have little or no effect on measured 60 degree gloss values. For high gloss surfaces (gloss >70 GU), an instrument that includes the 20 degrees angle should be specified- Novo-Gloss Dualgloss 20/60°, Novo-Gloss Trigloss 20/60/85°. The 20 degree geometry has limited sensitivity to reflection Haze. The best solution for high gloss surfaces is a Rhopoint IQ 20/60° or IQ 20/60/85°, this directly measures haze and texture effects which are present in many applications.
Low Gloss Surfaces
Whilst adequate for some applications, the 60 degree geometry has low measurement resolution at gloss levels < 10GU. This means that two matt surfaces which have visually different surfaces may have minimal differences in values when measured using this geometry. For matt surfaces (< 10GU @60°) an instrument with the 85 degree geometry should be used 20/60/85° Trigloss or Rhopoint IQ 20/60/85°.
Download Novo-Gloss 60° Glossmeter Specification